Parsnip Au Gratin
- Serve this sweet, delicious side dish with chicken, pot roast, or pork on a cool, fall evening.
This recipe is prepared with the Genius Nicer Dicer Plus 10-Piece Multi-Chopper (K32702).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1/8" thick slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" x 8" baking dish with oil spray. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the prepared baking dish with 1/3 cup heavy cream. Place 1 layer of parsnips, shingled and slightly overlapping in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup sliced green onions, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and a 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Create another layer, starting with 1/3 cup heavy cream. This time, overlap the parsnips in the opposite direction. Then, sprinkle another 1/4 cup green onions and 1/3 cup of cheese on top followed by another 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Repeat the process with 2 more layers (alternating the direction of the parsnips). Finish with the remaining Parmesan, green onions, black pepper, and heavy cream. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the aluminum foil and bake, uncovered, for another 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender and the top is golden brown. Let the dish sit for 15—20 minutes before serving.