PB&J Donut Sandwich
- PB&J gets upgraded to dessert when put between the halves of a glazed donut!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 6 day-old glazed doughnuts, halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To prepare the sandwich, preheat a nonstick fry pan over medium heat with the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the donuts and fry on the cut side until golden and toasted, adding more butter if needed. Do this in batches if your fry pan can't hold them all. Remove the donuts from the fry pan and let them cool for a few minutes.
- While the donuts are still warm, spread on 1 Tbsp peanut butter on a half and 1 Tbsp jelly on the other half, then assemble as a sandwich. Repeat this for all remaining donuts. Transfer them to a serving platter.
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together all of the glaze ingredients.
- To finish the sandwich, drizzle on the glaze, then sprinkle the peanuts over the top. Serve warm.