Oven-Roasted Pacific Rockfish with Leeks, Potatoes & Lemon Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large leek
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced 1/2'' thick
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 7-oz fillets Pacific rockfish
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Clean the leek, remove the dark green leaves, and make 1/2''-thick slices of the light-green part. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and butter and sauté the leeks and potato for 5 minutes or so. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the white wine and chicken stock and simmer everything together until the leeks are soft, about 12–15 minutes.
- Place the rockfish fillets on top of the vegetables, season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until the rockfish is cooked through and is firm to the touch.
- While the rockfish is roasting, make the lemon mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise with the lemon zest, lemon juice, and herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Drizzle a little more olive oil over the fish and vegetables and serve the lemon mayonnaise on the side. Serves 2.