Open-Faced Ham & Burger Melt
- Inspired by Block 16 Burger in Omaha, NE, this meat lovers melt will leave you satisfied.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 beef hamburgers
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 12 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 sunny side-up eggs
- To prepare the truffle mayo, stir together the mayonnaise, truffle oil, mustard, garlic, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare the burger melt and assemble, start by seasoning and cooking the hamburgers to your preference.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half and lightly toast or grill them. Spread about 1–2 Tbsp of the prepared truffle mayo on the toasted buns. Layer 1/2 cup baby spinach on top of each bun, then put on the burger, 3 ham slices, and 1 cheese slice. Cook for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Right before serving, top each melt with a sunny side-up egg.