Oatmeal, Coconut & Raspberry Bars
Makes 24 Cookies
- To make your bars extra crispy-on-the-outside and gooey-on-the-inside (my favorite way!), let the batter rest for about 10 minutes before adding the dry ingredients. This lets the sugar dissolve to give your bars (or cookies!) that rich flavor everyone loves.
This recipe is prepared with the Cuisinart Prep Plus 9-Cup Food Processor (K123601).
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked untoasted coconut, divided
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- First, toast 3/4 cup of coconut. Preheat the oven to 375°F and position an oven rack in the middle. Spread the coconut evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for about 4-5 minutes, or until the coconut becomes lightly golden, stirring occasionally, watching carefully. Let the coconut cool before using. Keep the oven on.
- To make the dough, butter a 13" x 9" pan. Blend the flour, sugars, and salt in a food processor. Add the cold butter pieces to the mixture and pulse until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a bowl and gently mix in the oats and toasted coconut until well combined.
- Set aside about 3/4 cup of dough and press the remaining dough into the buttered pan. Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the dough. Crumble the reserved dough evenly over the jam, and then sprinkle it with the remaining 3/4 cup untoasted coconut. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden, then cool. Cut the dough into bars and store at room temperature.