No-Bake Pineapple Cream Dessert
- Make this delicious dessert for a special summer treat—no baking needed!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 (8-oz) cartons whipped topping
- 2 (20-oz) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 3 packs soft ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- To make the filling, combine all filling ingredients, except for the whipped topping, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4–5 minutes.
- Add the whipped topping and mix until just combined, about 1–2 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the topping, combine the pineapple, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium sauce pot. Cook over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 4–5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped cherries. Transfer to a prep bowl and refrigerate until it's cool to the touch.
- To assemble, line a 9" x 13" baking dish with 1/2 of the ladyfingers to form a single layer. Brush the ladyfingers with 1/2 of the rum.
- Spread 1/2 of the filling in an even layer on top of the ladyfingers.
- Add another layer using the remaining ladyfingers, then brush with the remaining rum.
- Spread the remaining filling over the ladyfingers.
- Spread the topping over the filling and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.