Mulled Cider Cranberry Sauce
- Serve this unique take on cranberry sauce at your Thanksgiving feast.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 piece cheese cloth, about 6" x 6"
- 6" kitchen twine
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- Place the cinnamon stick, cloves, and star anise inside the cheese cloth. Wrap the cheese cloth together to form a small pouch and tie it with the kitchen twine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepot, add the cranberries, sugar, apple cider, port wine, and prepared spice pouch. Stir together and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium-low heat for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Discard the spice pouch.
- Gently fold in the mandarin oranges and serve.