Mom's Beefy Brown Rice Casserole
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cans beef consommé soup
- 1/2 cup American or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the butter and onion in a small saucepan until translucent; set aside.
- Mix the rice and soup in a small casserole dish. Stir in the onion and butter mixture and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, for one hour or until all the liquid has been absorbed. During the last 10 minutes, uncover the dish to brown the top.