Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo
- I love how refreshing this dish is on a warm spring day. Olives, Feta, lemon, and oregano are all common ingredients in Mediterranean cooking and really pair well together. This dish has all of those magic ingredients!
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano, or 4-5 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 tsp dried red pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 (4-6 oz) chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 12 oz Feta cheese, cubed
- Chopped, pitted Kalamata olives, to taste
- Fresh oregano, to garnish
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and red pepper in a medium-size bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Pour half of the marinade into a second bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts into one of the bowls with the marinade. Refrigerate and marinate for 1-2 hours. Set the second bowl aside.
- After marinating, place the chicken breasts on a hot grill pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear.
- While your chicken is cooking, bring a 4 quart pot of water to boil and cook the orzo according to the box instructions. Place the orzo in a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- When you're ready to serve, place the orzo in a large serving bowl and mix in the remaining marinade. Add the cucumber, tomato, onion, Feta, and olives. Cube the cooked chicken and then toss with the orzo until well mixed. Garnish with the fresh oregano.
This recipe is prepare with the Emeril by All-Clad Cast Iron 10" Square Grill Pan (K40178).