Mac & Cheese Egg Rolls
- Fill egg roll wrappers with mac & cheese, bacon, and chives, then pop them in your air fryer! These delicious treats are fun to eat—especially with a creamy, slightly spicy dipping sauce on the side.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 (12-oz) packages frozen macaroni & cheese, prepared per package directions
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- To make the egg rolls, combine the prepared macaroni & cheese, bacon, chives, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. This will be the filling for your egg rolls.
- Have a small prep bowl of water ready to wet the edges of the egg roll wrappers when sealing them up.
- Place an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you. Dip your finger into the water and wet all four sides of the wrapper. Place about 2–3 Tbsp of the macaroni & cheese filling on the wrapper, just below the midpoint. Roll the corner closest to you over the filling, tucking the point under the filling. Next, bring the point from one side in towards the middle and repeat with the other side. The filled wrapper should start to resemble an envelope. Gently roll away from you, using the remaining tab of the wrapper to seal everything up. If a corner looks like it's coming apart, you can dab your finger in the water and use this to help seal it shut. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Lightly spray the egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray. Cook them in an air fryer with the temperature set to 370°F and the timer set for 9–11 minutes. About halfway through the cooking time, open the air fryer and shake or flip the egg rolls to ensure even crisping, then continue cooking until done.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together the ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce in a prep bowl.