Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Potato salad is a great summertime go-to. Mix things up with this variation that includes ingredients typically used for topping baked potatoes—cheddar cheese, broccoli, and bacon!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3 lbs Idaho or russet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3–4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the potatoes and poke each one several times with a fork. Wrap the potatoes individually in foil and bake for 45–50 min, until fork tender. Unwrap the potatoes and allow them to cool. This step can be done the day before you're making the salad.
- Cut the potatoes into 1" to 1-1/2" pieces, then combine the potatoes and all of the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well and refrigerate, allowing the salad to chill for a few hours before serving for the best flavor.