- 7 cups water
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1–1/2 cups sugar
- 1–1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Bacardi 151 or other high-proof golden rum
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add remaining 3 cups water and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a pitcher and add the lemon juice and rum. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse.