Korean Fried Chicken
- Spice it up with this delicious fried chicken!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp gojuchang paste or sriracha
- 6 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- To prepare for the recipe, start by bringing a large pot of oil to 350°F.
- To prepare the sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until smooth.
- To prepare the wings, combine the flour and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken wings to the flour mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Cook the wings (in batches if needed) in the hot oil until crisp and golden, about 8–10 minutes. Keep monitoring the temperature of the oil throughout the process.
- Transfer the cooked wings to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease. Once all of the wings are cooked, transfer them to the mixing bowl of sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer the wings to a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds and scallions.