Kale Salad with HoneyBells
- 1 small bunch kale, finely sliced or chiffonade
- 3 beets, cooked, peeled, and cut into wedges
- 1 HoneyBell, segmented
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (best quality)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine the kale, beets, and HoneyBell segments in a large salad bowl.
- Make the pesto using a food processor. With the food processor on, drop the garlic clove into the spinning blade through the feed tube. Add the cilantro and pistachios and blend into a smooth paste. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and drizzle in the olive oil while the machine is running. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the sherry vinegar and some pesto until it is evenly and lightly coated. (Use as much of the pesto as you need to lightly coat the greens and until you have as much of the pesto flavor as you would like.)
- Add the goat cheese and toss again gently. Garnish with a few extra pistachios and a little extra pesto. Serves 4–6.