Hot Crab Jalapeño Popper Dip
- A hot dip stands out from the crowd at potlucks and other gatherings. Cream cheese and bacon make this one particularly irresistible!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4–1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp scallions, divided
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup butter crackers, crushed
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Tortilla chips and/or crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, mustard, and 1/4 cup of the scallions in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the crab meat to the cream cheese mixture and gently combine, being careful not to break up the crab.
- Pour the dip into a shallow, 1–2 qt oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle the crushed crackers and bacon on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the dip for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for 5–10 minutes, until the dip is golden brown and the edges are bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp scallions over the dip, and serve with tortilla chips and/or crusty bread.