Honey Lime Barbecue Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 2-1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2'' pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil; add potatoes. Boil until the potatoes are just starting to soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow them to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium low.
- Brush the flat surface of each potato with oil. Place the potatoes, flesh-side-down, on the grill and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. When the sweet potatoes are soft through the middle and brown on the surface, they're ready. Brush with sauce before serving.