- Put paradise on your plate without having to pack a suitcase & hop on a plane!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups onions, medium dice
- 2 cups pineapple, small dice
- 1 roll refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced deli ham, medium dice
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low to medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes. Put in the pineapple and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool.
- Press the pie crust into and up the sides of a 9" quiche pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Take the cooled onions and pineapple and transfer them to the prepared quiche pan. Add the ham and cheddar cheese, then pour in the egg mixture. Top with the chives.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 155°F.