Ham Steaks with Cheesy Grits & Bell Pepper Jelly Sauce
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large ham steaks, 1/2'' thick
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 1/4 cups red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 2 Tbsp pepper jelly
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 recipe Cheesy Grits
- Heat an Emerilware 3-quart sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has stopped foaming, add the ham steaks one at a time to the pan and sauté until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the ham steaks from the pan and set aside as you prepare the sauce. Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to a 10'' Emerilware fry pan and once melted, add the onions, peppers, and garlic to the pan. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and pepper jelly to the pan and scrape up any bits that may have settled on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl the last tablespoon of butter into the pan. Serve over the ham steaks and grits. Makes 2-4 servings.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse. Copyright Martha Stewart Omnimedia, Inc.