Ham, Egg & Cheese Monkey Bread
- Tasty fixings between a biscuit are always a good choice! This recipe has the same great taste, just made to feed a larger crowd.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp hot sauce, divided
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 (16.3-oz) cans refrigerator biscuits, cut into fourths
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated and divided
- .5 lb deli-sliced ham, large dice and divided
- 1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp, scallions, sliced and divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, 2 tsp hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Dip a piece of a biscuit into the mixture and place it in the bottom of a bundt pan. Repeat until the bottom of the bundt pan is covered with an entire biscuit layer. Top the biscuits with 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup Swiss, half of the ham, and 1/3 cup scallions.
- Add another layer of dipped biscuits. Top with 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup Swiss, the reminder of the ham, and 1/3 cup scallions.
- Assemble a final layer of dipped biscuits.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture into the bundt pan and overtop the ingredients. Sprinkle on the remaining cheeses and 1/3 cup scallions.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the center reaches 155ºF.
Cover the bundt pan with foil if the top begins to brown too much and the bread isn't fully baked.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, and 1 tsp hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the finished bread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Invert it onto a serving platter. Drizzle the mayonnaise sauce overtop and garnish with 2 Tbsp scallions. Serve extra sauce on the side when serving.