Ham, Egg & Cheese Pancake Pita
- I can't believe I never thought of this recipe before...pancakes make the perfect breakfast sandwich "bread." Add eggs, ham & cheese and life is GOOD!
This recipe is prepared with the Technique® Hard Anodized Set of 2 Skillets with Color Smart (K37511).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 cups just-add-water pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut in 4 pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
- 4 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the pancake mix, water, and maple syrup in a medium-size bowl. Heat a 9" skillet over medium heat, add 1 piece of butter, and let it melt. Ladle about 3/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and spread it over the entire bottom surface. Cook until bubbly on top and golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 more minutes. Place the pancake on a baking sheet. Repeat 3 more times.
- While the pancakes cook, make the eggs. Scramble them in a bowl with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onions, and peppers and sauté until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 6–8 minutes. Add the eggs and gently stir until you have large curds. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the ham slices over the pancakes. Divide the scrambled eggs and place them down the center of each pancake. Top the eggs with a slice of cheese. Bake the pancakes until heated through, and the cheese has melted, about 5–8 minutes.