Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- There's something about quiche and springtime that just seem to go together for me. I love to use leftover ham for this recipe (great the day after Easter!). It's also on the light side, especially since there's not heavy crust to weigh it (or you!) down. Easy on a busy night, this makes a great quick dinner too...just add some fruit or a side salad and dinner is served!
This recipe is prepared with the Green Pan 11-Piece Cookware Set (K42000).
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup cubed ham or turkey ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the ham, onion, and pepper and sauté until the ham is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9" pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top the cheese with the ham mixture.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and the next 5 ingredients (through the egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until blended. Pour the egg mixture over the ham mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center of the quiche comes out clean.