Grilled Shrimp with Teriyaki Glaze
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Preheat your outdoor BBQ grill and Technique® BBQ grill pan for at least 10 minutes. The grill is hot enough when you can only hold your hand one inch above the grill grates for 2 to 3 seconds before you have to pull it away.
- While the grill is preheating, make the teriyaki glaze. Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, honey, garlic, gingerroot, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer gently for 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Set aside.
- Dry the shrimp well with a paper towel and toss with the vegetable oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the shrimp on the grill side of the BBQ grill pan. Grill for 3 minutes, tossing occasionally. When bright pink and cooked, push the shrimp over to the griddle side of the BBQ pan and pour on some of the teriyaki glaze. Glaze for another 2 minutes and then remove, sprinkle with the chives, and serve. Serves 4.