Grilled Pineapple with Fresh Fruit & Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut in half lengthwise
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (like raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries)
- Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and rum and continue stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly spray the grill grates with nonstick spray. Place the pineapple halves cut-side-down on the grill grates. Grill 4-5 minutes and brush the top frequently with glaze. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, brushing frequently.
- Move the pineapple to cutting board in slice into individual-sized portions. Place the pineapple in bowls and top with the fresh fruit and a scoop of ice cream. Serve immediately.