Grilled Pineapple Chicken Salad
- Add some sizzle to your salad with grilled chicken, fruit & veggies.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 whole pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 4 long wedges
- 2 jalapeños
- 2–3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds, divided
- Bib lettuce, for serving
- Preheat a grill to 350–450°F.
- Lightly coat the chicken, pineapple, and jalapeños separately
with oil. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper.
- Once the grill is preheated, cook the chicken about 4–6 minutes per side, or until the protein reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F. When flipping the chicken to cook, place the pineapple and jalapeños on the grill as well.
- After chicken, pineapple, and jalapeños have cooked, transfer them to the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, ginger, cilantro, and 1/2 cup toasted almonds. Set aside.
- Once the grilled ingredients have cooled, remove them from the refrigerator. Dice the chicken and pineapple, and finely dice the jalapeños.
- Add all of these to the mayonnaise mixture in the large mixing bowl. Gently fold together until well coated and season with the remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Enjoy immediately, or for best results,
refrigerate 1–2 hours or overnight.
- Serve over a small bed of bib lettuce and garnish with the remaining toasted almonds.