Grilled Fruit Shortcake
- Why grill pound cake? And fruit? Because it caramelizes the sugars, leaving you with a deliciously sweet, warm dessert.
This recipe is prepared with the Cook's Essentials® 7-Piece BBQ Grill Pan with Removable Plates (K42351).
- 1 pound cake, (store-bought or homemade)
- 8 oz frozen peach slices
- 8 oz fresh pineapple, sliced in small rectangles
- 1 (4-oz) jar Sarabeth's Peach Apricot Preserves
- 1 (4-oz) jar Sarabeth's Pineapple Mango Preserves
- 4 oz chopped fresh strawberries
- 8 oz whipped topping (garnish)
- Fresh mint leaves (garnish)
- Preheat a grill over medium heat. Slice the pound cake into 10 1/2" slices. Place the cake directly on the grill grates or in a grill pan. Cook until grill marks appear. Set aside. Repeat with the peaches and pineapple, cooking until grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Combine both preserves and mix in the chopped strawberries. Place the pound cake on dessert plates and top with the grilled fruit. Sandwich the fruit with a second slice of pound cake. Top with the preserves, a dollop of whipped topping, and the mint leaves. Scatter any extra grilled fruit on each plate next to the cake.