Green Bean Almondine
- It's green beans with a twist! These upgraded veggies complement a juicy turkey or just about any entrée.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, cut in half
- 1 slice white sandwich bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tbsp, roasted salted almonds, rough chopped and divided
- 1/4 tsp, plus more to taste, salt
- 1/4 tsp, plus more to taste, pepper
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, blanched, and shocked in ice water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shallot, and cubed sandwich bread to the sauté pan and cook for 2–5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all of the ingredients are golden brown. Remove the bread from the sauté pan and set aside.
- In a large blender, add the sautéed garlic and shallot, plus the roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, sherry vinegar, honey, 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp almonds, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and paprika. Blend until all of the ingredients are combined, forming a romesco sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 3–5 minutes, until it's soft and translucent. Then, add the blanched green beans to the sauté pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the green beans are tender and heated through.
- Place the green beans and onions on a large serving platter. Top with the lemon zest, 1/4 cup almonds, and reserved bread. Serve with the romesco sauce on the side.