Greek Chicken Salad
- As summer produce reaches its peak, there's plenty of reason to use them in this flavorful chicken salad.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 cup English cucumber, small dice
- 1-1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp, plus extra for garnish, fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, seeds removed and small dice
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 heads bibb lettuce (depending on size)
- Place the diced cucumber in a colander with a plate underneath. Sprinkle 1 tsp salt overtop and toss, then let the cucumbers sit for 30 minutes to drain the excess liquid. Pat dry.
- Soak the red onion in cold water for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cucumber, red onion, yogurt, dill, olives, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well. Fold in the chicken, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, remove the leaves from the lettuce. Gently wash them and pat dry.
- Spoon the chilled chicken salad into the lettuce leaves. Garnish with extra dill and serve.