- 2 (14.5-oz) cans apple pie filling (you can use cherry instead, if you prefer)
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1-1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pie filling over the bottom of a 9'' x 13'' pan. Spread the pineapple over the filling. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the other layers, and then add a layer of coconut over the cake mix. Finally, sprinkle a layer of nuts over the coconut. Pour the butter over the entire mixture and bake for one hour
This item is prepared with the 9'' x 13'' rectangular pan from the Rachel Ray 5-Piece Bakeware Set (K126940).