Gluten-Free, Super-Easy Broccoli Casserole
- 1 Tbsp oil (vegetable, coconut, olive—whatever you prefer)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen broccoli
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Cook the diced onion until translucent. Place the cooked onion in a large bowl and set it aside. Heat the broccoli thoroughly and place it in the same bowl as the onion. Add 1 cup of cheese, the sour cream, the mayo, the Sriracha (if you dare), and the salt and pepper. Mix all of these ingredients together thoroughly.
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the large bowl. Mix thoroughly and then spoon the contents into an 8" x 8" square baker. Using a teaspoon, shake the cornmeal evenly over the top of the uncooked casserole. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.