Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crispies
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (or fresh, if you have it)
- 14 oz mini marshmallows OR marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 7 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 jar cream cheese frosting (garnish)
- Candy pumpkins (garnish)
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with a spray of oil or butter.
- Melt the butter and sugar on the stove-top over low heat in a heavy pan. Once the butter is completely melted, add the pumpkin and mix thoroughly. Immediately add 12 ounces of your marshmallows (or fluff) and stir until melted. Now stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Thoroughly mix the ingredients together and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool (about 8 minutes). Now add the remaining 2 ounces of marshmallows. Once fully mixed, let the mixture cool for another 20 minutes, or until room temperature. Add your crispy cereal into the mix. Press the mixture into your baking dish. (Use a silicone spatula for this part of the process to make it easier.) Let your Crispies "set up" for about 30 minutes before cutting. Top with a little dollop of cream cheese, and a candy pumpkin, and you're all set!