Gluten-Free Nutella-Berry Almond Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free flour (like Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Jar of Nutella
- Small bushel of raspberries or strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a square or round cake pan.
- Mix the butter, extract, beaten eggs, sugar, and milk together in a bowl. Mix the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, into the first bowl. Mix until combined. Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let the cake stand for about 10 minutes and then turn it onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly. Cut the cake into squares and top with a couple dollops of Nutella and a handful of cold raspberries or strawberries before serving.