General Tso's Noodle Salad
- Ramen noodles are cheap and versatile. With some chopped veggies and a tangy sauce, we made a light, bright, refreshing salad.
This recipe is prepared with the Lock & Lock 10-Piece Nestable Bowl and Zen Storage Set (K41325).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 cup General Tso's sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 (3-oz) packs oriental-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 (12-oz) bag Asian-blend chopped salad
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together the sauce, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dressing until needed.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a 3-quart sauce pot. Add both seasoning packs and the ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the noodles in a colander and place them in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss until all the noodles are completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When the noodles are completely cool, add the chopped salad, scallions, red pepper, cilantro, and the remainder of the dressing. Toss until evenly combined.