- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Ice water, as needed
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt (for egg wash)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat an air fryer to 338°F.
- Prepare the dough. Mix together the flour and the butter until crumbly. Add the egg and enough water to form a soft dough. Knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the filling. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the meat and the rest of the ingredients, except the egg and flour. Cook 5 minutes. When cool, mix in the egg and the flour.
- Roll out the cold dough until it is 1/16" thick. Cut out 5" circles. Brush the outside of each circle with the egg wash, place a spoonful of the filling in the center, fold in half to form a semi-circle, and press the edges firmly. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Fry a couple at a time, for 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse.