Eggs Benedict with Bacon Hollandaise
- Eggs, bacon & MORE bacon make this brunch staple simply irresistible!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 6–8 slices bacon
- 4–5 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp bacon grease, melted
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 8 poached eggs
- Chives, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bacon on a baking sheet for 20–25 minutes, depending on how crispy or chewy you want your bacon. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the grease into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and cayenne. Blend on low speed for a few seconds. With the food processor or blender running on low speed, slowly pour in the bacon grease and butter. In about 30 seconds to 1 minute, the homemade hollandaise will be ready.
- To build the eggs benedict, starting by splitting the English muffins (there will be 8 halves in total). Place a slice of bacon torn in half on top of each muffin, followed by a poached egg. Top with the hollandaise sauce and garnish with the chives.