Eggplant Parm Lasagna
- This belly-filling meal is perfect for a family dinner night. Plus, you can make it ahead!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs frozen, breaded eggplant cutlets
- 1/2 tsp, plus more for seasoning, salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp, plus more for garnish, fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 4 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 11" x 7" baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, panfry the eggplant on both sides until golden brown. Drain on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Season the eggplant with salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, salt, pepper, basil, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 1 cup marinara. Place a single layer of eggplant on top, overlapping the slices slightly. Next, spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the eggplant, then sprinkle on 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Top the last layer of mozzarella with the remaining eggplant, 1 cup marinara, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the baking dish. Bake 30–45 minutes until bubbly. Remove the foil and bake for another 5–10 minutes.
- Let the baking dish sit for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Alternatively, bake this lasagna ahead of time, portion it out, and freeze the meal for a quick and easy weeknight meal.