- 1 (11-oz) box rice noodles, cooked according to package directions and slightly al dente
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 2–1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetarian fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 lb silken tofu
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted salted peanuts, divided
- 2 cups bean sprouts, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Additional cilantro leaves (optional garnish)
- Lime wedges (optional garnish)
- Place the vegetable stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, and tofu in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and scallions and sauté until the garlic begins to brown. Add the carrots and red pepper and sauté until they begin to soften. Stir in the rice noodles and sauce until well combined and bring to a simmer. Let this simmer, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are cooked through.
- Add 1/2 cup of peanuts, 1 cup of bean sprouts, and chopped cilantro. Toss together and serve with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, and lime wedges.
This recipe is prepared with the Cook's Essentials® Hard Anodized 10-Piece Set with Color Nonstick Interior (K40940).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.