Donut & Bacon Burger Skewers
- Inspired by Deitsch Eck Restaurant in Leinhartsville, PA, this sweet-and-salty treat is a fun way to enjoy a burger.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 12 oz 80/20 ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 12 glazed donut holes, cut in half
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into thirds
- 12 (4") skewers
- Divide the ground beef into 12 (1-oz) burgers about 2" across and .5" tall. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook about 1–1.5 minutes per side. Add 2 pieces of cheese on top of each burger, then cover the skillet with a lid to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- When the cheese has melted, place each burger on the flat side of a donut hole half. Top the burger with a piece of bacon, then the other donut hole half. Place a skewer through the center and serve.