Dessert Grilled Cheese & Berry Soup
- Grilled cheese & soup go together, even as a sweet dessert!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup prosecco
Dessert Grilled Cheese:
- 4 Tbsp mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- To prepare the berry soup, bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the strawberries and the raspberries. Transfer the berry mixture to the refrigerator until cooled, about 3–4 hours.
- Once cool, add the berry mixture, lime juice, orange juice, red food coloring, and yogurt to a blender. Purée until smooth. Stir in the prosecco and pour the soup into serving bowls, keeping it chilled until ready to serve.
- To prepare the dessert grilled cheese and serve, start by stirring together the mascarpone and the honey in a mixing bowl.
- Align the slices of bread to form 2 sandwiches. On the bottom piece of bread for each sandwich, spread 2 Tbsp of the mascarpone mixture. Spoon 1 Tbsp Nutella in the center of the mascarpone mixture. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
- In a medium nonstick pan, melt the butter. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side of the sandwich. Remove from the pan and allow them to rest for a few minutes, then slice the sandwiches in half.
- Serve with the chilled berry soup.