David's Gluten-Free Skinny Fried Chicken
- 1.5 lbs organic, boneless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal (like Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups gluten-free cornflake crumbs (like Southern Home-Style)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the chicken in cold water and trim the fatty pieces. Place 1/2 cup of the cornstarch in a zip-top bag and coat each piece of chicken with cornstarch. Remove the chicken with tongs and set it aside on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Make your dredge. Mix the buttermilk, eggs, and Sriracha in a pie plate and set it aside.
- Make your coating. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of cornstarch, cornmeal, cornflake crumbs, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper together in a second pie plate and arrange next to dredge.
- Using tongs, dredge a piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Then cover it with your coating mixture. Now do it again: dredge with egg and then the coating. Repeat with all the chicken pieces and arrange them in an oven-safe pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 160°F.