Healthy Meat Lovers' Frittata
- 1 cup shredded hash browns or frozen shredded hash browns (Simply Potatoes or similar)
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 6 turkey sausage patties, cooked until brown and crumbled (Jimmy Dean or similar)
- 6 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (Butterball or similar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1–1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- Green onions cut on a bias for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-safe, approximately 10'' skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place 1 cup of shredded hash browns into the hot oil. Add chopped onion, green and red peppers, salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, turn, and brown on the other side for an additional 5–7 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Scatter crumbed, precooked sausage and bacon over top of the hash browns. Beat eggs with milk, oregano, and 1/8 tsp pepper and pour mixture into skillet. As eggs set, run a spatula around the skillet's edge, lifting the egg mixture to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until mixture is almost set (the surface will be moist). Total cooking time should be about 6 minutes.
- Scatter top of frittata with cheddar and Asiago cheeses and place in preheated 350°F oven. Bake approximately 10-15 minutes until no longer runny and golden brown on top.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and let cool. Loosen bottom of frittata and slide out onto a serving plate. Garnish with green onion slices. Cut frittata into wedges. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.