Creamy Pasta Bake with Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 lb medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (8-oz) package of cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 3-qt casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter with the onion and garlic in a very large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until smooth. Whisk in the milk and chicken stock; stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, nutmeg, chicken, and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. When the mixture simmers, add the pasta and fold until well-coated.
- Transfer the pasta to the prepared casserole and top with the remaining Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned and the casserole is bubbly.