- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs asparagus, stem ends removed and cut into 2'' pieces
- 1 cup medium-diced onions
- 1/2 cup small-diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and medium-diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, potatoes, thyme, chicken stock, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring everything to a simmer and cook until the potatoes and asparagus are tender, about 5 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the half and half and then divide the soup among individual serving bowls. Combine the crème fraîche and milk in a small bowl and drizzle over the soup in each bowl.
This recipe is prepared using the Technique® 10-Piece Hard Anodized Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set with Color Smart (K38576).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.