- Now you don't have to go to your favorite Chinese restaurant for these yummy appetizers. Your friends might put YOU on speed dial, however...
This recipe was prepared with the Temp-tations® Old World Set of 2 Mixing Bowls (K39864).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz imitation crab meat, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Mix together the cream cheese, crab meat, Sriracha, salt, and scallions until evenly incorporated in a small bowl. Set aside. Preheat the oil a fryer over medium heat or 365°F.
- Place a small bowl of cold water next to your work surface. Dip your finger in the water and moisten all 4 edges of a Wonton wrapper. Place about 1-1/2–2 teaspoons of filling in the center. Lift up 2 opposite corners of the wrapper and bring them together. Repeat with the remaining corners. Pinch all 4 corners tightly together and seal the seams and sides completely, making sure there are no air bubbles left inside. You will end up with a 4-pointed star. Continue to make the wontons until you've used all of your filling.
- Fry, in small batches, for 4–6 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy. Make sure to turn and flip the Rangoons around with a spatula or tongs while they are frying to ensure that all sides brown evenly. Remove the Rangoons from the fryer and place them onto a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.