Makes 18 Large or 24 Medium
- Saddle up for something sweet! These soft cookies satisfy any sweet tooth.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared date paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cook rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
- To prepare for baking, start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- To prepare the date paste, soak the dates in hot water for a few minutes until they begin to soften. Transfer them to a food processor and purée until no big chunks remain.
- To prepare the cookies, cream the butter, brown sugar, and date paste in a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater attachment. Mix in the eggs until combined. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt, then mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
- Place 1/4–1/3 cup scoops of the prepared dough on a lined baking sheet. Keep the scoops about 2" apart. Bake in the oven for 16–18 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet to keep them soft and moist.