- Here's one for the seafood fans! Herbs, andouille sausage, and beer enliven a mix of shrimp & clams.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 lb red bliss potatoes, cut into 1/4"–1/2" slices
- 4 ears corn, cleaned and cut into thirds
- 18 (size 16–20) shrimp
- 72 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 6 andouille sausage links, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 (12 oz) bottles beer (preferably lager style)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium to medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, dill, chives, and shallot. Set aside.
- Cut out 6 (18"x24") sheets of aluminum foil, preferably heavy duty, and lay out the sheets in a single layer on a work surface.
- Divide the potato slices and corn evenly among the foil sheets. Then, add 3 shrimp and 12 clams to each. Next, evenly divide and add the sausage, garlic, and lemon slices to each sheet.
- Slightly bring up the sides of the foil and pour 4 oz of beer in each packet. Divide the prepared butter evenly among the packets, then season each to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully tent and crimp the foil to create a handle. Place each packet on the grill and cook for 15–20 minutes, until the clams are open and the shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to a serving dish, or enjoy straight from the packet. Serve with the crusty bread.