Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- A different dessert! Sweet & savory ingredients will tantalize your taste buds.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, rosemary, and zests. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. While whisking continuously, add in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until no traces of oil remain.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, adding it in via 2 separate batches.
- Transfer the batter to the bundt pan and place it on the middle rack in the oven. Bake until golden and cooked throughout, about 45–60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for about 20 minutes, then invert it onto a baking rack to cool further.
- Serve at room temperature with powdered sugar and whipped cream.