Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Tart
- 24 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 2 oz butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9'' glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare the crust, crush the cookies in a food processor or blender, then pour the crumbs into a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Using your fingertips, firmly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven, then microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds, or until soft, and spread it on the crust bottom while it's still hot. Set aside.
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips into a medium bowl; set aside.
- To prepare the filling, heat the corn syrup and cream in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture just to a boil, remove the pan from the heat, then pour the liquid over the chocolate chips, whisking until the chips melt and the mixture is smooth. Spoon the mixture into the pie plate and even out the top with a spatula.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into a piping bag. Cut a very small opening at the tip and draw circles on the top, starting at the edge then working your way to the center.
- Drag the tip of a bamboo skewer or a knife in a straight line from the center, through the circles, and all the way to the edge. Repeat 7 or 8 times, as if drawing the rays of a starburst or a spider web design.
- Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight. To help the tart keep its shape when serving, dip your knife in hot water before making each cut.