Chocolate Mint Hot Chocolate
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Andes chocolate mints
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6-1/2 cups hot water
- Marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows (optional garnish)
- Chocolate shavings (optional garnish)
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, peppermint extract, mints, and salt to a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix well. Slowly stir in the water and heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, then garnish each cup with marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows, if desired. The chocolate shavings can also be added, if desired.