Big Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1–1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2–1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1–1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a 12'' skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the two sugars, vanilla extract, and remove the pan from heat. Allow the pan to cool for about 5 minutes. It should still be warm, but not hot.
- Add the egg to the butter and sugar mixture, and stir it into the mixture. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and gently fold it into the mixture just until it becomes a smooth cookie dough. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 30–35 minutes, or until the cookie is starting to brown on the top and around the edges, but is still soft in the center. You can test with a skewer inserted into the center of the cookie. The skewer should come out clean. Serve with vanilla ice cream or just break apart and enjoy! Makes one big cookie.