Chips & Salsa Chicken Tenders
- Chips & salsa get turned into an entire meal with this crowd-pleasing recipe.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 lime tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 lb raw chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, add the lightly beaten eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, add the crushed tortilla chips.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixture to coat, shaking off any excess flour. Dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg, then coat the chicken tenders with the tortilla chips. Place the chicken tenders on a rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray and then move it onto a baking sheet. Bake the chicken tenders in the oven for 12–15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the cheese sauce and salsa to a small saucepan. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until it's warmed through.
- Squeeze the lime over the chicken tenders and serve them with the cheese-salsa sauce.